Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prayer for the Acceptance of God’s Will

O Lord, I know not what to ask of Thee. Thou alone knowest what are my true needs. Thou
lovest me more than I myself know how to love. Help me to see my real needs which are
concealed from me. I dare not ask either a cross or consolation; I can only wait on Thee. My
heart is open to Thee; visit and help me, for Thy great mercy’s sake. Strike me and heal me,
cast me down and raise me up. I worship in silence Thy holy will and Thine inscrutable ways.
I offer myself as a sacrifice to Thee. Thou hast said, O Lord, “A man’s mind plans his ways,
but the Lord directs his steps” (Proverbs 16.9). Do not forsake me, O Lord, for I have put all
my trust in Thee. I have no other desire than to fulfill Thy will. Teach me how to pray; pray
Thou Thyself in me. Amen.

(Metropolitan Philaret of Moscow)

No comments: