Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jon Stewart is killing the Oscars

Am I the only who feels this way right now? I love Jon Stewart, maybe a little too much, but he is kinda bombing tonight. This Oscars is so boring. All of the members of the Writers Guild are sitting smugly because it is so bad, but that doesn't make Jon look less awkward and embarrassed with himself. I think he knows he's bombing.

I miss Billy Crystal!

Other random thoughts 120 minutes in:

- Tilda Swinton was a total upset! Even she didn't expect to win, which is probably why she wore the Hefty garbage bag to the show.

- All the red dresses are gorgeous. Helen Mirren is a British goddess. I love Hilary Swank's gown, and Jennifer Garner is strikingly beautiful tonight.

- Wait. Patrick Dempsey is presenting.

- Okay, I'm back.

- As much as I adore Jack Nicholson, he just strikes me as a dirty old man.

It's been 2 hours, so only 2 more to go!!

No comments: