Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What We Learned from the Hollywood Writer's Strike

1) We learned that labor unions and strikes aren't all bad. It seems that the entertainment industry needs this protection quite a bit, what with the unqualified greed of the studios.

2) We learned that Hollywood still has a vested interest in the whole concept of "fuzzy math."

3) We learned that Conan O'Brien and Jon Stewart are possibly funnier without their writers. We will never know if this is true about David Letterman. (I still love him, though.)

4) We learned that the Late Show writers are funnier on their strike blog than they are on the Late Show.

5) We learned that life without The Office is like life without sunshine. You can live without it, but it makes life miserable.

6) We learned who Nikke Finke is, though most of us will quickly forget.

7) We learned what a douche Carson Daly is. Wait. That one wasn't ever really up for grabs, was it?

8) Finally, we learned a most valuable life lesson: Sometimes you have to fight in order to achieve peace. It was a timely metaphor for all of us.

God bless our troops, and God bless my little family.

8 comments:

Ms. Hep said...

Wow...you have a fantabulous blog! I'm here at work smiling...now that's a sign!!!

Amo Ergo Sum said...

Hey old friend! I can't believe you like my blog! I write so much about politics and religion, and I know you disagree with about 78% of what I say! I must be *brilliant* ...

Shauna said...

I learned that "residuals" doesn't mean the film of crud in my kitchen sink.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Hep said...

LOL...I know brilliant writing when I see it!!!

Amo Ergo Sum said...

I cannot tell you all how much I LOVE deleted comments. Seriously, I am not being factitious about this.

kuecks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amo Ergo Sum said...

Glorious.